1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I think thats pretty high for a single unassembled head. Im pretty sure you can find them cheaper.

·
Registered
442 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! that's expensive. Go to Pace preformance.com. There in OH and the last I looked they had a pair for arround 500. and they even had the old style intake bolt holes drilled in them. Some day I'll get me a set. I used to work at the GM dyno lab and seen the air flow and hp #'s. It's no bs when they say + 50 hp just by bolting them on.I've seen it.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
another place to look for them is at Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center. Their prices are pretty good too for completely assembled heads

www.sdpc2000.com

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
+1 scoggin ...Ive read good things about the vortecs and the edelbrock rpm intake...

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
vortecs...

hey there,
i, too looked into vortecs. i agree with the above posts- should be able to get em for about $550/pair. they are really good "out of the box" heads, but thats it. ive read a couple chevy HP articles that report great dyno reports and cfm ~230-240 at .400 lift. i have heard they dont benefit much when ported- this could be an unwarranted statement. additionally, i have heard that they do well with the 1.9 and 1.6 exhaust valves with an extreme comp cams 262/274 cam. i really would like to build something like this, but heres the deal...
i have now convinced myself to wait a few extra months and save up for some AFR's. from what ive seen, these heads are amazing and worth every penny!

if you can somehow get a hold of an extra $1000, id wait.
...i know how money goes though, and i still like the vortecs as well- a darn good set of heads, for cheap!

my .02

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The link in your first question is to the new 206cc runner Bow Tie Vortecs. I think that's about what they cost.You can buy the standard Vortecs from Summit for around $260 a piece assembled. Probably better places to buy them from though.

I think "Teddiesnoke" has them. (Spelling?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts