Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay... has anybody done a retofit vinyl top on a 67 nova? Where would a person find the Moulding need to cover the edges of the new top? I'm thinking of a Black top, the car is painted Butternut Yellow. Thanks in advance for any help/ideas

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I think you're right a Vinyl top would look goood .You should be able paint & body shop & have them take carry of you

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've noticed vinyl tops are making a comeback lately. I see alot more of them on all makes than I used to see. I retrofitted mine with one in '98 and its still on there.

Should look good with the yellow.
Yeh I think so too, It has black interior, so I'm thinking is will be real classy. This car seems to me as one of the best body styles for a vinyl top, kind of like the butternut yellow paint...I remember the very first 67 nova I seen...way back when, that was this color and it just went with the car, so when i bought it I knew what color it was going to be before I even started on it. Really get a lot of good reviews at the car shows, but i really built it to drive, which i do as much as possible.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am doing the same thing to my car. How will you finish the vinyl in the rain gutter will the vinyl go under the trim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am doing the same thing to my car. How will you finish the vinyl in the rain gutter will the vinyl go under the trim.
That I'm leaving up to the shop that will install it for me, so can't answer your question...it is going to be a few months before I do it as I have to save up for the stainless that covers the seam on the sail area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
vinyl top retrofit

Any progress on the retrofit? I'm considering the same thing, but havn't have any luck locating the trim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts