Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 1970 chevy nova looking to put 15x7 vintage works v40 on front ( 3 7/8 Back spacing, -3mm offset, 5/8 clearance from axale plane to back side spokes) have single piston orginal power front disc brakes.

Rear 15x8 vintage works v40 (3 7/8 back spacing, -16mm off set, 5/8 axale clearance)

tire would be 215/65/R15 front
245/60/15 rear

anyone with experience would these fit, my first nova,
Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
15x8 will require 4.5 inch back space min. 5inch is better.

15x7 front 3 7/8 BS is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Al

I think 245 would fit on 15x7 v40 wheels would that clear the rear, vintage site does not show 8in with larger back space
Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm using VWW V40 wheels with my build. I went with 17X8 up front and 18X11 in the rear.

With my 8" front wheel I have 4 7/8" backspace. So that is effectively the same as your 3 7/8" measurement on a 7" front wheel. IIRC this is also the absolute maximum backspace you can get on a step lip VWW wheel.

Mostly due to my drop spindles but I ran into tie-rod/steering arm clearance issues and had to space the arms. I wouldn't expect you to have to do that with the smaller 7" width. You'll also need to be careful if you lower it a lot. If I turn the wheels to lock they just barely clear the fender lips. At bump they do get into the fender and I'm gonna likely have to mod the fender and inner fender for clearance. My front fender lip is 24" at ride height. That's about .25-.5" lower than what is shown in this picture.

Here is a pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts