Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm going to be ordering a set of wheels from this company tomorrow, Vintage Wheel Works, and I will be buying the V40 17 x 7 wheel, custom back spacing. Here's a link, http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/products/wheels/v40. I want a wheel thats a little different, not the same old Tork Thrust II as everyone eles seems to have. Don't get me wrong, the TT2 are great looking wheels but I wanted that old look with a glass beaded center but in a more straighter spoke, like the originals Americans but in a modern 2 piece wheel. Also I don't want the wheel to take away the look from the car, I don't like a hole lotta bling. If you know what I mean. What do you guys think? JMO

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I like those A LOT better than the TT2. Wish they did custom backspacing on the 15" wheels, as I am not a fan of big wheels and low profile tires.

They will look great on your car! :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I got the V45's from these guys.
Dealing with VWW was a totally pleasurable expierience.
Great customer service. I ordered the wrong size lug nuts and they dropped me another set in the mail......no charge.
And to top it all off, the wheels are killer.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Im headed there in a couple hours to pick up my V48s...:yes:

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
I like those A LOT better than the TT2. Wish they did custom backspacing on the 15" wheels, as I am not a fan of big wheels and low profile tires.

They will look great on your car! :)
I'd be right there with you on this one. These have the old school sharp edged spoke, instead of the newer rounded one. But, 15s are not where the money is.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got off the phone a few hours ago with Eli. Great person to deal with. He said I should be getting them by Friday even with the custom back spacing. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them.:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I'd be right there with you on this one. These have the old school sharp edged spoke, instead of the newer rounded one. But, 15s are not where the money is.
There's gotta be more of us that prefer 14" and 15" wheels. There is a great option for "old style" custom backspace 15s, but they are a bit out of my price range.

http://www.team3wheels.com/et/classic5.html

$310 for custom backspace 15x7s :eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
wheels

i have a set of rocket wheels,i dont have a pic but if u will go on ebay type in Rocket wheels ,they have them in backspacings that fit novas great,check them out maybe someone could postsome pics off there pricing is good as well ,

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
There's gotta be more of us that prefer 14" and 15" wheels. There is a great option for "old style" custom backspace 15s, but they are a bit out of my price range.

http://www.team3wheels.com/et/classic5.html

$310 for custom backspace 15x7s :eek:
I've been drooling over the e/t wheels site for a while. I was leaning toward the Altered style, but at 1600 for a full set with knockoffs, some of the Center Line wheels are sounding more realistic.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I've been drooling over the e/t wheels site for a while. I was leaning toward the Altered style, but at 1600 for a full set with knockoffs, some of the Center Line wheels are sounding more realistic.
That's why I have Centerline Telstars on my car. IIRC, they were <$150 per wheel 5 years ago when I bought them.

Thinking of painting a set of steel wheels and grabbing some cheap whitewalls to change the look once in a while. Would be a good way to completely change the car depending on my mood. :)

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
That's why I have Centerline Telstars on my car. IIRC, they were <$150 per wheel 5 years ago when I bought them.

Thinking of painting a set of steel wheels and grabbing some cheap whitewalls to change the look once in a while. Would be a good way to completely change the car depending on my mood. :)
Along the same lines, I could just say to heck with all these fancy wheels, and just get some chrome oe wheels with a custom backspace, and maybe some spider caps, and call it good.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Along the same lines, I could just say to heck with all these fancy wheels, and just get some chrome oe wheels with a custom backspace, and maybe some spider caps, and call it good.
Chrome OE wheels are way cool, and pretty cheap with custom backspace. :cool:

If I didn't already have the Telstars, I'd be looking at these for my shiney wheel fix. My car is white, so I'm thinking of cleaning up a set of steel OE wheels that I already own, shooting them gloss black, and running with Chrome lugs and cheap skinny whitewalls. Would instantly give the car a period correct mid-60s feel for very little cash. Can easily swap the Telstars back on when I get bored with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts