62 Acadian Convertible ???

I Just bought a 62 conv this weekend it says made in Canada on the vin tag
Were do I find trim tag info

·
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Just bought a 62 conv this weekend it says made in Canada on the vin tag
Were do I find trim tag info
The info for contacting GM Canada to get your car documented is contained in the link in the first post. As it states, there is no option info available prior to 1964. The 62 trim tag is not easy to decode. Post the info here and let us try :) .
Bob

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
62 Acadian Convertible ???

HI Bob
That would be cool
Style 467
Body 182343
Paint
Trim 766
B.O.S. 202 6A TOP 10

I'm not very familiar with Canadian cars at all--just starting to learn. The vin tag is even quite different from the US style, it appears to be aluminum and it's held on with the same style rivets as the cowl tag; I guess they couldn't weld an aluminum tag to the body. It appears the car was red exterior, black interior, with a black top. Thanks for all your help!
Dale

·
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boy, those 62's are hard to decode. The 467 indicates your car is a six cylinder Nova 400 convertible. You didn't give a paint code. The 766 Trim comes out to Fawn upholstery. There were no black interiors in any 1962 Chevy II models. As for the top, Canadian cars were all manually operated and came in 4 colors, white, black, tan and blue. I think the 'TOP 10' on your cowl tag indicates top color, but I can't decode it. GM Canada documentation will confirm Paint and Trim colors.
Yes, the Canadian VIN and cowl tags are totally different than U.S. Some cowl tags were installed diagonally instead of horizontally. Which way is yours?
Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cost

I called about mine today. Does anyone know how much it costs for this? I'm just looking to find out if my 74 is a true SS car or not.
I just ordered documentation for my car, they charged me $50.00 They also said it would take approx. 3 weeks! Justin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The info for contacting GM Canada to get your car documented is contained in the link in the first post. As it states, there is no option info available prior to 1964. The 62 trim tag is not easy to decode. Post the info here and let us try :) .
Bob
Hello can you help de-code my car?

Heres the numbers: Door Post Serial# 344908617.(not sure if zero or letter O)

Coul/firewall# STYLE 449
BODY 183227
PAINT C
TRIM 772
B.S.O. B70 M35

Manifold# FiringOrder 153624
3928418 GM 30 1120
Carb-MonoJet R/P Rochester USA.

Basically I'm looking to know what size of engine, and tranny I have, and any notable or sigificant information conserning them.

Thanks in advance for all your help and assistance. Ted.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
63 nova 400 6 cyl 4 dr sedan 6 passenger

6 cyl for 63 - 194 cid 120 hp 1 bbl rochester

transmission is a aluminum powerglide, i think the bso m35 is for that

·
Registered
39 Posts
It worked

Hey, gotta say thx for that link to the registry.

I paid $75.00 and it was just over a week and the package arrived with a ton of information on my 75 Nova LN, now if I could only decipher half of it, muahahaha.

Can't wait to be home and actually have it close for searching and to start the project soon but of course there seems to be very little for parts available, wahhhhhhhh.

:rolleyes::cool::D

·
Registered
338 Posts
GM Canada Documentation Info

I think it's still $45.00 plus GST for the entire documentation package. They take your CC number over the phone when you call. Well worth it.

Bob
Update here Bob, price increase in 2010.:yes:

$39.55 CDN for Canadian GM Vehicles 1963 and older-no option info
$73.45 CDN for Canadian GM Vehicles 1964 and newer-w/option info

new link too:

http://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html

Gary:D
69Camaro

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think it's still $45.00 plus GST for the entire documentation package. They take your CC number over the phone when you call. Well worth it.

Bob
$45.00 is correct, got mine and is great to have...roid

·
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our friends in the U.S. would pay 10 times this amount to have GM documentation available for their cars. We're very fortunate to have this service in Canada.

Bob

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Mine was 108.00 +HST,this year. John

1 - 20 of 30 Posts