Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I can see some styles of old vintage wheels being of significant value these days like real 60's american tt halibrands ect .......but old chrome reverse wheels??? at $4-500 per pair??? for 14" x 6 ??? :eek::eek::eek:???
I have been looking for years for a specific nos set and finally find em waiting to bid. Someone scooped em as a $400+shipping offer and gone gone gone
as well as several others that are asking up to $800 for full sets of used pitted ones. WHAT UP
I know they are cool wheels but they were the el cheapo back in the day.
someone please explain this.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think you answered yourself in the "I've been looking for years" part. Things that used to be easy to get get harder every year. Especially what used to be cheap wheels. Junk yards used to (still do?) weld stock wheels together to use as stands for cars after the suspension was stripped off. They were worthless back then, and now harder and harder to find.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes I know how that sounds but 'looking for years' meant wheel specific certain style open rather than smoothie with spec. offset ect. plus not needing chrome work nos or mint used. Passed on a few sets here and there due to my pickyness and only wanted 2 finally ready to pull the trigger and now back to square one. I paid around $400-500 for 6 total 1965 torq thrust A spokes and 2 were nos in the box still. So what I'm trying to figure out is how chrome reverse wheels have surpassed even real back in the day pricey americans.
Example 2010 and 2011 a guy auctioned two complete sets of 4 of 65 vintage new old stock tt wheels each time each set was mismatched but in boxes 2 14x6 and 2 14x7
both sets of 4 each auction sold cheap at around $400:eek:
I would have thought a pair of 14" chrome reverse would be reasonably priced guess not anymore, or my version of reasonable needs to be re-evaluated

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
ALL YOU NEED IS ONE PERSON TO PUT 'EM ON A CLASSIC AND GET PRAISE FOR THEM AND THAT'S WHEN IT TAKES OFF!
NEXT THING YA KNOW, YA GOT CATS SELLIN' THEM LIKE THEY WERE BIGTIME BACK IN THE DAY!
:cool:

I LOVE OL' SKOOL, HATE OL' SKOOL PRICES! PAYS TO BE KOOL!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Exzactly....... Remove them.
WHAT I MEANT IF YA DIG TOO DEEP REMOVING PITS, IT'LL LOOK EVEN WORSE THAN WITH THE PITS!
MAYBE THEY CAN BE REMOVED AND SAVED!?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I got a few quotes for restoring 2 chrome reverse wheels
$400 for nos seems like a better cheaper way to go:eek: hence probably the reason the good nos perfect chrome ones like I just saw went fast before the auction even ended or started bidding.
I just thought nobody really was into 14" wheels unless they were cheap or were yenko knock off americans racing tt wheels made by atlas

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I got a few quotes for restoring 2 chrome reverse wheels
$400 for nos seems like a better cheaper way to go:eek: hence probably the reason the good nos perfect chrome ones like I just saw went fast before the auction even ended or started bidding.
I just thought nobody really was into 14" wheels unless they were cheap or were yenko knock off americans racing tt wheels made by atlas
Wow I didn't know restoring cost more then nos.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
I can hardly wait to put my 14x6/ 4-lug Tru Spokes on new skinny ww tires. Wagon slam then....:yes:

You don't want to know what I paid for them......:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts