Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so I was up at the Street Rod Nationals this past weekend, and I was introduced to Old Air Systems and Southern Air. I called southern air, but they said they have nothing for the 1974 nova with a gen IV LS. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with Old Air. They are a bit cheaper than the Vintage Air set up, so if they are good I would like to go with them.

So looks like the Old air is 1427.79 and I would have to make a firewall block off plate and hoses and the vintage air is 1688.07 and everything is included. I am kind of leaning towards vintage air just based on how cool the guy was I spoke with. He told me their price then told me to check out other vendors and I should find everything cheaper.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
$1427 for A/C sounds about right. To add A/C to my '64 6 cylinder I estimate to cost $2,000 to $3,000.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,992 Posts
I don't know anything about Old Air but my Dad and I have Vintage Air in both of our Novas and it fits good and performs well. All the hot rodders I know around here use VA.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Vintage Air...some things are just the way! We are doing mine as we speak. Pics will be posted up this weekend aftr i make a trip down to my buddies shop

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't really comment on any other setup other than Vintage Air. I have used them on over 20 cars over the years, and see no reason to switch. The first systems I bought were all cable operated, but the current units are all microprocessor controlled. When you find something that works as good as their stuff does, you stick with it!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
$1427 for A/C sounds about right. To add A/C to my '64 6 cylinder I estimate to cost $2,000 to $3,000.
Kevin …

Check out these two members w/ 250 ' s & add-on a/c .

"member : onecarnut " --- Lou , with his 68 250 -- add-on air , and very cool looking engine .

"member : bigallis1 " --- Jim , with a stock -- 69 / 3 speed --- add-on air . A Very Clear 1969 Nova .

I'm sure both guys will give you some input about their systems .

just FYI ----------- jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts