Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas, gettn ready to order up my vintage air gen 4 surefit system for my 65 nova. Than shipping the car down to my buds for the install and ALL wiring on my ride. Gettn close. Anywho, do you guys have any advice on where to buy? Extras/options? Etc etc. Im gunna order the extra length unterminated kit for a custom install from MCB i think. Also wont need a compressor, gunna use the sanden sd7 mini compressor down low on passenger side with dirty dingo kit. Any thoughts or opinions welcomed

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds like you need just the basic kit with the evaporator and controls, no underhood stuff. You can shop around and get a discount sometimes. If they don't have it in stock, the dealer will arrange for drop ship direct from VA. Then you need to do your homework on the under hood stuff which will be piece by piece. VA lets their dealers price whatever they like, they won't undercut a dealer - they stick with their price schedule if you order direct. Now, all that said, you aren't going to find mind boggling discounts from dealers.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I bought some stuff from MCB when I built my car. I tried to buy a lot of the larger items around holidays when there might be sales going on. Anything you can save will make it cheaper in the long run. A few dollar here and a few dollars there will add up over a complete car build. I was very satisfied with my dealing with MCB. I just bought a 66 SS car that I probably won't start on for a year or so but I'm going to try to start buying some stuff I know I'll need.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just an FYI I know you have the PT kit from TCI your going to run into clearance issues with the SD7 and the dirty Dingo kit, The tensioner is going to hit the sway bar. I ended up ordering the brackets from Kwik Performance and works perfect! They mount the tensioner up higher so it will clear the sway bar http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an FYI I know you have the PT kit from TCI your going to run into clearance issues with the SD7 and the dirty Dingo kit, The tensioner is going to hit the sway bar. I ended up ordering the brackets from Kwik Performance and works perfect! They mount the tensioner up higher so it will clear the sway bar http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html
We were aware of this too, figured we d make spacers for the sway bar. But maybe i ll just order the kwik performance kit than. Did you use this? Any pics of the install? Also, how well does this system cool with the sd7 mini compressor?

·
Registered
859 Posts
We were aware of this too, figured we d make spacers for the sway bar. But maybe i ll just order the kwik performance kit than. Did you use this? Any pics of the install? Also, how well does this system cool with the sd7 mini compressor?
I tried spacers no luck you would still have to shave down the idler to get it to work. I used the Kwik Perfomance brackets and worked perfectly. It cooled the car off nice with the SD7!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats great, i was worried the sd7 was not gunna be enough compressor...having said that, i did place my order with Tim from ibuildem yesterday. Ac system is on its way!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, bought my entire front clip from him...also just orderd the Kwik performance bracket! Im good to go now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts