Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 64 SS is currently undergoing a full rotisserie restoration, thinking of installing a Vintage Air - air conditioner (Gen IV). Just curious if anyone has installed this in your car and how the installation went?? Are you satisfied with the Gen IV performance, anything I should be aware of?

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine works really well in my 67. My only complaint is that the compressor is mounted high on the motor due to lack of space in the engine compartment. Other than that it is perfect. I have the under dash vents but have seen some guys on here do the custom vents and they look much better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vintage Air

Thanks for the reply, your car looks great under the hood... Will be glad when mine is back together...

Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks. hoping to finish it soon. I am waiting for the headers to come back from getting coated and then have to run out the exhaust and she will be ready.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I put Vintage Air in my 63 last year.It took a lot of work and I didn't get in a hurry and took my time.My wife loves it and so do I.The instructions are pretty good and the Tech people were very helpful.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Installed several on customer's cars & sold systems to several members on SNS. They have been everything from the standard SureFit systems to customs. As has been stated, the instructions are pretty good. If you are doing the install yourself I would read through the instructions before you start the install. There are a couple of spots where the steps are a little out of sequence.

Compressor fitment on the early's with stock engine compartment is limited to high mount unless you fab up a custom bracket & use the SD7 compressor.

Systems put out a lot of cold air which is great if you live in a warm climate.

Walt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts