Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with the Vintage Air E-Z Clip type A/C and Heater hoses and clips? How do the hoses differ from their "normal" hoses? Looking to reroute my A/C set up now and wondering about effecienty, durability of this type. I'm guessing that I'll not be able to use any of standard connectors, hoses or bulkhead I now have. Appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

·
6,410 Posts
No experience with them but as a former millwright/mechanic I would recommend not crimping the two clips with the crimp points parallel to each other. I would crimp one and for the next one, rotate the clip before crimping. We use single and sometimes double crimp for air hoses and such. The odd time there can be a tiny leak in line with one of the crimps. I like the O ring on the barbed fittings and the spacer tab to ensure the crimp is located correctly in relation to the fitting.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Excellent system. Smaller outside hose diameters make it easier to run the lines in tight places. I liked the fact I could run my lines just where I wanted and be able to do it myself. You will need the crimping tool. If you want to save money, search ebay for EZ clip. You will see fittings with other names like Aeroquip, Eaton and Red dot. The VA EZ clip brand fittings are more expensive than the others I listed and are identical.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buccflyer -Thanks, appreciate information on other vendors. I thought the smaller lines would be easier to work with and to be able to do the crimping myself is a plus. Having the standard type crimped in my area is NOT inexpensive. I'm thinking E-Z Clip would not cost more and maybe even less. What did you use where the hoses went through firewall or fender well, depending on how you routed them. Some type of bulkhead or rubber grommets?

Shane65 - good suggestion on alternate crimp points.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shane65 - I noticed that your a Moderator. I had originally started identical post in "Body and Interior" section. Then noticed this category. Could you delete the post in "Body and Interior"? I messed up.

·
6,410 Posts
I used rubber grommets on two of my cars and on the one I'm building mow has a 4 gang bulkhead. 2 for AC and 2 for hot coolant. I'm not impressed with our local AC shop. Out of 20 connections on the 3 cars I've done at least had to be re-crimped by them. I've already bought all the fittings for my latest project but haven't gotten to the point of running hoses. Maybe I will go that route.

·
6,410 Posts
Shane65 - I noticed that your a Moderator. I had originally started identical post in "Body and Interior" section. Then noticed this category. Could you delete the post in "Body and Interior"? I messed up.
I don't have the super moderator capability to do that. I will forward the request.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I used the VA square 4 hole bulkhead when I first put A/C in. I liked the end results. Just not sure if it will work with the EZ setup. I'll check with VA.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Save yourself the headache and forget about using a bulkhead. Rubber grommets work well especially the ones Vintage Air sells. There's no crimping involved with the EZ-CLIP fittings just pliers for the clamps. You can use oitker clamp pliers and they're a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
878 Posts
EZ Clip is the very best way to go. Suggest using the Aeroquip brand hose. Really nice stuff.
I buy the fittings (Eaton) on eBay. Cheaper than VA

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
EZ clip was way better than the OEM ones. Smaller and re-usable too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts