Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering who has installed a vintage air kit in their 62-67 nova and what did you use for your controls? I’m on the fence on what to do and would like some feedback. Thank you

·
Registered
191 Posts
I used the factory knobs. Looks good, just had to enlarge the factory holes if I remember correctly. I have had a couple issues with v/a rotary switch that controls the fan speed. First one I over tighten and broke it (my fault). The second only works the fan in the full on position only. I have a new one to install and hopefully it last.

·
Registered
868 Posts
If you buy a Vintage Air kit it comes with switches and knobs that will go in the same spots your factory controls did. One will control where the air comes from, another will control how hard the blower motor blows and the last will decide the temperature. There is a template and pretty decent instructions. It can't be that hard to hook up because mine works just like it should. When we installed mine we did have a problem with the wiring but it turned out to be a factory defect. One of the pins wasn't seated in a plug and wasn't making good contact.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Im using the factory switches, looks good!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I used the factory controls. Remove the cables and install their electric control onto to back.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I used the factory controls. Remove the cables and install their electric control onto to back.
Ditto want dont said. works great with the electronic controls and easy to hook up. You will also appreciate no cables when you are running the ducting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts