Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Thanks! Blown Pontiacs rule! Too bad the Pontiac brand is on the GM chopping block. Oh well, all of my favorite actors and musicans are dead, so why not my favorite auto brands (GMC also). Boy, I'm getting old. :eek:

For those of you who like to watch the warm up procedures in the pits, here's a link to our initial warm up...turn up the sound if you can.

Pontiac AA/FA warm up

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I wish they would bring them back and run them in the pro ranks. I remember seeing Pure Hell, Winged Express and a lot more run at Fremont many times.
Yep, that was my old hang out as a 5-12 year old. The car will actually be a Nostalgia Funny Car once we get the chassis and transmission sorted out and start running it on nitromethane.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
I can tell you from experience, that thing gets your attention when it fires up!!!!:yes: You got bigger balls than me for hopping in that thing Vince.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Did you get the clutch worked out?
Let me know if you ever take it out on a Sat. I would love to go and watch. It has been so long since I have been.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Awesome Vince!!

Years ago, behind the school across from me, lived "Pure Heaven" altered owner/driver Leon Fitzgerald, who used to do burnouts in front of his house on Baker Street, which meant he was prepping for the Winternationals at Pomona, or World Finals at Ontario.

Get that handful dialed-in Vince, and soon with more seat time, you'll be another Fuel Altered ace, posting incredible e.t.'s and top speeds too.

From dragrace Nova to AA/FA is a big step, but it looks like you defintely got it goin' on in that ride of a ride! Hope to see run one day, RK

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Did you get the clutch worked out?
Let me know if you ever take it out on a Sat. I would love to go and watch. It has been so long since I have been.
We used the same single-disc (but re-done by Fred at McLeod) and clutch-hydro...we're still trying to find parts for the Crowerglide to run the Lenco. We were basically running a new bullet - this was a 455 that my friend assembled a few days prior. I'll keep you posted.

Awesome Vince!!

Years ago, behind the school across from me, lived "Pure Heaven" altered owner/driver Leon Fitzgerald, who used to do burnouts in front of his house on Baker Street, which meant he was prepping for the Winternationals at Pomona, or World Finals at Ontario.

Get that handful dialed-in Vince, and soon with more seat time, you'll be another Fuel Altered ace, posting incredible e.t.'s and top speeds too.

From dragrace Nova to AA/FA is a big step, but it looks like you defintely got it goin' on in that ride of a ride! Hope to see run one day, RK
Thanks...that's funny, I used to see Rich Guasco and his Pure Hell at Fremont a lot as a kid. Hopefully, we'll be running on nitro soon and will put the body on it to run as a funny car and shoot for the Pontiac ET record. It's not really a big step...except I get to do burnouts past the Christmas tree on purpose. :devil: There's more pressure and I get more nervous running in Super Gas/Street. Once we get the Lenco installed, it will be easier than driving my Chevy II.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
dang vince your are the man i was too young to remember any of them fuel alterds but i tell you what i will drop down top dolloar to see them run i love nostaliga drag cars and racing just from the storys my father told me of his years of racing in socal back in the day man it must have been a blast just to be able to go to a different track every wwekend it sorta bums me out when ther aint sh$# anymore. i have favorite fuel alterds and the winged express is one of them but im all over pure heaven and pure hell those are bad rrss when they do exibition stuff at pomona with all the old cars i get all choked up and i dont know why maybe cause one day my father wont be around anymore and it will be my turn to tell my son about them cars. I ENVY YOU BIGTIME !!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME :yes:

·
0 Posts
Thats 1 tuff pontiac...... What body are you planing on running? Hopefully its a Grandam like M/T had.....

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Thats 1 tuff pontiac...... What body are you planing on running? Hopefully its a Grandam like M/T had.....
It would be cool to find an older Grand Am or Trans Am body (it might be tough to fit since this chassis is the newer FC spec), but I have Mark Oswald's '94-'96 Motorcraft Ford Probe body in my driveway that was given to us. Personally, I'd like to run the newer outlaw Fiat Topolino altered body that has the grill pod with integrated canards up front that covers the fire bottles and fuel cell, and directs air toward the injector hat.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
We used the same single-disc (but re-done by Fred at McLeod) and clutch-hydro...we're still trying to find parts for the Crowerglide to run the Lenco. We were basically running a new bullet - this was a 455 that my friend assembled a few days prior. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks...that's funny, I used to see Rich Guasco and his Pure Hell at Fremont a lot as a kid. Hopefully, we'll be running on nitro soon and will put the body on it to run as a funny car and shoot for the Pontiac ET record. It's not really a big step...except I get to do burnouts past the Christmas tree on purpose. :devil: There's more pressure and I get more nervous running in Super Gas/Street. Once we get the Lenco installed, it will be easier than driving my Chevy II.
Vin, Rich Guasco is a very good friend of my family and is acctually bringing the car out for three races this year, the bad news is they will all be in the midwest or east coast, however, my good friend Jason Ritchey will be doing the driving for the first time this year! Jason has been driving a front engine nostaliga fuel car for the last 5 or so years, so it should be interesting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts