Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows other than the dashboard where would the vin number be located I purchased this car for restoration and it has some rust

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I'm not 100% sure of the correct answer, but I would suggest posting your question in the "Originality" section to possibly get more responses, and maybe an answer. It's most important to use the search function on this forum first. You might just find your answers a little quicker. :yes:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i had a 67 benz once that i was looking for the hidden vin #'s. i called the state police an asked if they had that info. wasn't long a 2 state police showed up an took black powder an dusted places they knew were the numbers were. all checked out with them. so that might be a plan for you, as long as you know your car isn't stolen, that wouldn't be good.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Does anyone knows other than the dashboard where would the vin number be located I purchased this car for restoration and it has some rust
On your year there are three other VIN's that I'm aware of. There is the paper-like sticker on the drivers door, (the door's jamb by the latch) but that is often gone if the car has been painted.
The two stamped VIV's are under the heater box and blower motor housing both on the engine side of the firewall. You have to pull off the housing to see them.
On mine both of these are stamped upside-down and are somewhat jumbled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts