Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds bad but I need a new VIN plate for the fire wall.
The guy that blasted the under side of my 64 wagon blasted the duct tape off of the plate and distorted the $#@%$ out of it. I would love any info to get a new one if it is a possibility? **I have the title and the original vin plate I'm not trying to do any thing weard.**

·
0 Posts
Put some JB weld behind it, cause I doubt you can get a new 1..... then again maybe you should go on a Vette or Camaro forum & ask 1 of those guys:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Are we talking VIN plate or TRIM TAG?

Aren't the VIN tags in the door jamb? The TRIM TAG is mounted to the passenger side of the firewall. You can get replacement trim tags made easily from a place like trimtags.com.

If it's the VIN tag, then you're hosed as suggested.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Are we talking VIN plate or TRIM TAG?

Aren't the VIN tags in the door jamb? The TRIM TAG is mounted to the passenger side of the firewall. You can get replacement trim tags made easily from a place like trimtags.com.

If it's the VIN tag, then you're hosed as suggested.
The VIN is on the drivers side right next to the drivers A pillar as with most cars. The cowl tag I guess thats what its called is on the firewall.

Ruined?? They can be fixed. If its just bent up no biggy. Now if it has holes then its shot. Outta luck unless you want to stamp your own which isnt a big deal if you have all the correct numbers.

Now if you are saying the VIN tag, if the real VIN tag is shot same thing. Thats even easier to stamp out, less numbers. Its just cheap metal with some letters and numbers stamped and simple rivits. Not like the cars today. Hell, they all have bar coding EVERYWHERE. If you just need a cowl or VIN tag get some soft brass and make one then paint it accordingly.

Oh, and I am going off the assumption you are the legit owner. Cause really, these old cars aren't a car theft issue LOL Now if it was a honda HEY!! Thief!!! Hhahaha JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts