Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:awkward: I just got my car and the vin number is on a decal (ohio) with an ohio title. I'm hoping FL will be able to use the Ohio vin, the origanal vin was removed. Is it better to find a new/old vin plate and attach it to my car and retitle? I don't want to have a car I can't title. Thanks :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

I'd stick with what you have on the car now. No need to bring up legal issues by buying a vin tag and title and putting them on your car.

Jason

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, I thought about that also. Knowing my luck the vin I got from someone, it was from a hot car, then my car got taken away, and me in jail. This is the frist time I've seen a vin tag (decal). Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
What you have is a legal VIN replacement. The VIN could have been replaced for any reason. Trying to avoid trouble by replacing it with an illegal VIN will get you far more trouble than it is worth. That is a federal crime.

Randy (ya don't wanna go there!):cool:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
jjam said:
:awkward: I just got my car and the vin number is on a decal (ohio) with an ohio title. I'm hoping FL will be able to use the Ohio vin, the origanal vin was removed. Is it better to find a new/old vin plate and attach it to my car and retitle? I don't want to have a car I can't title. Thanks :confused:
what year is the car? when you say vin decal, do you mean on the fire wall or on the door jamb? when you say the original vin was removed, again from the fire wall or door jamb?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The only one on the car is the sticker in the door jam, from Ohio. Sorry no cowl tag (firewall) the firewall was smoothed out, but the one in the door jam is the one (decal) Also the title says it's a 62 but after a closer look it has a 63 front end (grill/turn signals) Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts