Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't stay away from the track on my weekend off. Went out to watch and tried my hand at taping a few races.

This first one is Ron. I don't know if he is a member here, but he is on the other Nova site and Dragstuff.com. This car is Bad***! He drives it to and from and it runs on pump gas.:cool: Nice to meet you last night Ron and congratulations again on the new best.

http://media.putfile.com/Rons-best-run

Here is a clip of some other races. The last is the big Diesel truck versus the Volvo. Was one of the more interesting match ups of the night. That truck just flat gets out of the hole.:eek:

http://media.putfile.com/PIR-Races

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Great Vids,Chris. The race between the yellow 1st Gen and the silver 4th Gen has a lot of history. The 4th gen car was built and owned by a 15 year old kid. He's not allowed to drive it,so a family friend of his dad's goes out and runs it. It runs 11.6's on motor only. The yellow 1st Gen,I think is another family friend. They have had a friendly rivialry for quite a while.The 4th Gen gets beat,but drives home 30+ miles. The 1st Gen gets trailered.
Brandon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice videos. My Wife and I raced at PIR about 5 years ago when we were on our way to SIR for the National event. Had lots of fun. While we're on the subject of videos, this was me driving my Wife's 80 Malibu L/SA at Boise's track last weekend at the divisional race. (my new motor isn't done yet for the Nova) http://media.putfile.com/Malibu-36

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Those vids are fantastic. Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear some feedback. Wasn't sure if many guys enjoy watching the videos. That was my first time taping at the track. I like to be on the other end of the camera usually.;) Next time out as a spectator I will make a better one.:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow great footage! Thanks for posting.

Ron's blue Nova is really running good. If there are other 10.oh pump gas cars running at PIR I'm not aware of them...and the coolest part is that he drives it to the track! :cool:

Ps. The black Volvo in the other movie has Buick Grand National running gear :)

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
DEL said:
Wow great footage! Thanks for posting.

Ron's blue Nova is really running good. If there are other 10.oh pump gas cars running at PIR I'm not aware of them...and the coolest part is that he drives it to the track! :cool:

Ps. The black Volvo in the other movie has Buick Grand National running gear :)
Ya, but he got his a$$ kicked by a 9000+ lb DODGE diesel.

Oh ya awesome videos!

·
Registered
178 Posts
DrDenny's 69 Rat said:
Ya, but he got his a$$ kicked by a 9000+ lb DODGE diesel.
Actually that Dodge has trimmed some weight, he's down below 5500 pounds now. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts