Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally down-loaded this yesterday.
This was a 12.094 Bye-Run pass in the third round.

Actually looks like it launches pretty good, even though this was the worst 60' of the night at a 1.71. I think it spun a little, if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong.

In the next pass I lost by .0084 on a 12.02 pass against a 12.00 dial.

You can hear the 3rd gear lockup of the TC, sound like a 4 speed.

·
Administrator
8,471 Posts
All fixed up for you Dan. What you need to do is click on the youtube button just above the text box that you type your post in. Then between the codes, paste in the youtube code. The code for this video is vQAeKgSgh3A

All this is explained in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Sweet!

I was at the Super Chevy Show in Atlanta last year, and they had an Older Longroof like yours, man that thing didnt even squeak the tires, it just WENT!

What powerplant you running?

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Car looks good when it launches. Doesn't do anything stupid. No porpoising, nice and smooth. Dave

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has ESPO Springs N Things 5 leaf rear springs with poly bushings and slapper style traction bars. Not a lot of thought in it but it appears adequate for my power level. Plans include putting 2-4 degrees of down pinion angle in it (not sure where it is right now) and extending the traction bars to at least hit the front spring eye.

I think I can loosen up the front suspension a bit too.

I was relatively pleased in that it doesn't seem to have a lot of wasted movement but still seems to have OK front end travel, even though the front is lowered a few inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts