Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first pass 9.7 @ 142. second pass 9.0 @ 152. third pass lifted, 8.9 @ 158.

This vid is of the third pass. Haven't touched the shocks, assassin bars first pass was 1.5 60 foot, second pass 1.4, haven't left the line with much boost, it will obviously take a lot more power, I just didn't want to put it on the bumper so i'm taking baby steps... hope to get it in the 1.20's 60 foot and mid 8's on low boost.

If you watch at the end of the run my vacuum pump pulley passed me. Found it and the belt... LOL gonna locktite it with RED this time

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice run, congratulations. :yes:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it just the angle or are you missing your gas cap?

Nice Run.
Yes, I don't have the gas cap or filler tube in place - i have it in the shed somewhere but it was such a mad scramble of all nighters to get this thing ready to run before the season was over (Canada here...) some of the finishing touches are missing. I also don't have the trim in the back of the car, or the stereo or speakers... Also after this season is over, and hopefully one race in vegas, I will strip the car down pull out the drivetrain so that I can take it to a body shop to get rid of some of the hidden rot that i know is there.

Happy that's it running so good in such little time!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Lump

Welcome back Lump.

I followed your building of the car long ago and thought you fell off the earth.

Run looks good. :yes:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome back Lump.

I followed your building of the car long ago and thought you fell off the earth.

Run looks good. :yes:
I did fall off the earth, and built a different wagon (the 1963...) in the meantime then finally got back to this one.

More to come this weekend, plan to add some boost and also try to get the 60 foots down. Goal is 8.50, easily have the power just need to get the car working better. Planning on putting an anti-roll bar in tonight/tomorrow if time allows for it.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
wagon

Congrats lump on getting her down the track with mimimum parts falling off:devil:... she sounds GREAT.. been following the build from first go...dyno session was terrific... awesome work buddy.. saw the front wheels pull off the ground, any wheelie bars in the future?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats lump on getting her down the track with mimimum parts falling off:devil:... she sounds GREAT.. been following the build from first go...dyno session was terrific... awesome work buddy.. saw the front wheels pull off the ground, any wheelie bars in the future?

To quote the great Nick Scavo "wheelie bars are for pussies."

Lol

But really I thought about it from a damage prevention perspective but I have read its a pain with leaf springs. In the meantime I will just add boost at the line one psi at a time and try to learn how soon I can light the wick lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
Very nice run indeed! I like the color too! :D Where's the link to your build?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts