Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Chevy 2 Nova I get a vibration when I'm Between 2500 rpm And 3000 rpm before that and after that the car run smooth. I feel it in my steering wheel and near the engine compartment. Any suggestions will be helpful.

·
Registered
476 Posts
There's a lot of possibilities, as I'm sure you're aware. What have you checked so far? Simple things to check are motor mounts, u- joints, properly balanced wheels, harmonic balancer, flex plate, etc. Is it there when parked and taking it up those rpm? Put it up on Jack stands or lift and do it. That might eliminate many things. Tell us more, what have you changed recently? How long has this car been on road?

·
Super Moderator
3,887 Posts
All good questions, especially 'what have you changed recently?'. Is the vibration there if the trans is thrown into neutral at that speed? Any visible damage to wheels, driveshaft or other things on inspection?

·
Registered
901 Posts
If it is vibrating at a specific RPM the very first thing I would do is make sure my tires are balanced. No need looking at anything else until you make sure you don't have a tire separating or a wheel weight that has came off. Other than that it could be a number of things.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So, does it vibrate if you have the car in park and rev it up to 2500 to 3000 rpms? If so, you have something out of balance. Is your car a standard? Is it possible your clutch has come apart and is missing chunks making it out of balance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts