Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a slightly used turbo350 from a buddy of mine .. I installed a trans go shift kit & Brand new converter and now at 1100 -1500 RPM I have a vibration... It does it when I take off from a start & it happens if im in Park and I rev the engine a little.... But once it hits 1500 RPM it goes away... Took it for a ride & it shifts good ....Is there something with the transmission that would cause this ? Im thinking about just throwing some Plugs in it and see if that fixes it ...Im hopping I can rule out the transmission..... Sorry for the long post......Thanks. any help will be great.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Did you change the flexplate for a different one? Its posible the torque converter may be off balance also.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just throwing this out there. Did you do a progressive torque on the bolts that go to the flexplate? If you do not have the convertor cover on look at the flexplate at idle.

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Take the driveshaft loose from the yoke and spin the rearend yoke 180 and reinstall rear bolts on yoke, see if it's still there. Check around u-joints for any signs of reddish brown staining which would be needle bearings in the u-joint going bad. Make sure the u-joints swivel easily also.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the driveshaft loose from the yoke and spin the rearend yoke 180 and reinstall rear bolts on yoke, see if it's still there. Check around u-joints for any signs of reddish brown staining which would be needle bearings in the u-joint going bad. Make sure the u-joints swivel easily also.
It does it in park also....so it cant be the drive shaft...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im gonna go out in the morning & unbolt the converter & push it in a little & start the car & see if it still vibrates ..If it does its in the enging...I hope I find something .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im pretty sure I fixed it ...Im gonna go for a little ride in a bit...I unbolted the torque converter slid it back and started the car and the vibration was gone ..... But when I was unbolting the converter it looked like the pilot on the converter was binding up going into the crank & it made the flexplate bow a little... Keeping my fingers crossed Thanks everybody for the Help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts