Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experience this? When the car is idling you can see the middle of the fender at the wheel lip vibrating. I have the Heidts front clip, stock LS3 so it idles smooth, and they are GM fenders, everything is tight and fender braces are attached. I was thinking of putting a strip of dynamat behind the fender???

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Funny, I never had that problem running my 194 I6.

I have heard that, on some cars, certain parts of the car will develop cracks based on the vibration frequency of the engine or the car. It takes a long time for them to develop, but it can happen. I wonder if the vibration is at all speeds/RPM.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Zonnie, I'm assuming you have aftermarket inner fenders since you have a Heidts clip. If so, do the aftermarket inners add as much structural support to the fenders as did the OEM's?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zonnie, I'm assuming you have aftermarket inner fenders since you have a Heidts clip. If so, do the aftermarket inners add as much structural support to the fenders as did the OEM's?
Well both the Heidts inner panels and the stock only attach at the top of the fender, neither attachs to the lower center

·
Registered
150 Posts
Although my 65 isn’t running I wasn’t impressed with the inner fenders on the TCI kit and added this, I got the idea from another user. I just trimmed up the inner fenders and drilled a few holes to mount. It adds a lot of strength in my opinion and not outrageous in price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Funny, I never had that problem running my 194 I6.

I wonder if the vibration is at all speeds/RPM.

not a bad idea --- Stick a Go - PRO on there , & take a look ?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Both of my fenders had the vibration issues due to media blasting thinning them out. I did a fiberglass reinforcement behind them and now stiff as a board

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Is your inner fender attached to the tubular subframe and core support? I know the TCI inner fenders don’t come with any holes in the lower area to attach to the subframe.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the TCI inner fenders which are attached to the core support and sub frame. I didn’t notice any fender movement until it was on the chassis dyno. Under full acceleration they both were wiggling a little bit.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is your inner fender attached to the tubular subframe and core support? I know the TCI inner fenders don’t come with any holes in the lower area to attach to the subframe.
They are attached to the heidts rails

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Although my 65 isn’t running I wasn’t impressed with the inner fenders on the TCI kit and added this, I got the idea from another user. I just trimmed up the inner fenders and drilled a few holes to mount. It adds a lot of strength in my opinion and not outrageous in price.
These look like they are for the upper fender, dont have a problem there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts