Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even rarer than stated, because 691 is the total number of all 71427 coupes. I would guess fewer than two hundred might have had the SS option. These cars were built along side Chevy IIs in Willow Run and then exported for new car sale in Canada. Drive train is identical to Chevy II. Name, exterior badging/trim, grill and interior are different. I have only seen a few SS 1968 Acadians and this is the first with a factory vinyl roof. A restored, one owner car with paperwork since new, including GM Canada documentation. A 'one off' for sure. The owner is going to score $66,500 Cdn. if he sells it for $50K U.S., which is highly unlikely.

1968 Chevrolet Nova SuperSport | eBay

Bob

·
Registered
570 Posts
I like the options. Nice to have power disc brakes, but I never felt the need for power steering. I also like the 4 speed, 3.31 gear and posi, as well as the originality. Should the underside of the hood be painted body color? I know my '71 Nova hood was black on the underside. They missed a few details like that, but otherwise an awesome car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice rare car but as with many of these sales I shake my head at some of the small details that are not addressed by the seller. For example my eyes immediately went to the visible carpet edges in one of the photos or the chipped paint in some of the emblems. These things usually aren't even expensive or difficult to fix. If asking premium money I would think you would want to present the car in it's best possible light.

·
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would those wheel rims and center caps have been a factory option?
No, the wheels are not correct. According to the documentation, it would have had steel wheels with full wheel covers. The 1968 Acadian SS wheel covers were almost identical to the '68 Chevy II SS. It wasn't one of the better years for wheel cover design and many for both cars were tossed.

There are a lot of detail items that need attention on this car. Finding an Acadian Astro Econoflame air cleaner sticker can be a project. I think I would have left it blank rather than use a Chevy II Turbo Fire substitute.

Notice on the GM Canada documentation there is no Z26 option code for the Super Sport. For both Chevy II and Acadian in 1968 the code for the SS option was L48, which was the code for the 350 CID 4bbl 295 HP engine specific to the SS. Z26 for the SS option started in 1969.

Bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love these Acadians. Especially those unique trim pieces. Does anyone know how those aluminum grille bars were secured to the grille and to the headlight bezels? Any pics maybe...? 🙂

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thank's for the explanation Bob.

Jim.......

No, the wheels are not correct. According to the documentation, it would have had steel wheels with full wheel covers. The 1968 Acadian SS wheel covers were almost identical to the '68 Chevy II SS. It wasn't one of the better years for wheel cover design and many for both cars were tossed.

There are a lot of detail items that need attention on this car. Finding an Acadian Astro Econoflame air cleaner sticker can be a project. I think I would have left it blank rather than use a Chevy II Turbo Fire substitute.

Notice on the GM Canada documentation there is no Z26 option code for the Super Sport. For both Chevy II and Acadian in 1968 the code for the SS option was L48, which was the code for the 350 CID 4bbl 295 HP engine specific to the SS. Z26 for the SS option started in 1969.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts