Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, It's going to the paint shop fri. afternoon. Will try to get some pics. up for ya. Gonna be Victory Red. Here's a pic. of it now with my 100 buck paint job on it, to keep it from rusting while I drove it for the last couple of years.

Before

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess great minds think alike. Would love to see your car. How far are you from N. Miss. I'm about 90 miles east of Memphis. Joe

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
right on :thumbsup:
hope it turns out great :yes:
my verts just about ready for the blaster
craig

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I painted my Mustang Victory red :yes: It looks a little orange in direct sunlight:yes:
I sold the Mustang years ago. That's my Chevelle in the driveway, I still have that one!

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
body men??????

Still waiting on him to pick up my car and start on it. It seems they are all alike, he has told me he was ready to start on it 3 times now. Can they not tell the truth? :mad: Been a month now.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
95% of them are the same! they all tell you what you want too hear to get business. But haven't finished the promises to the other 4 ahead of yours.

Wish I had bigger garage I would be trying to paint mine myself!

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Still waiting on him to pick up my car and start on it. It seems they are all alike, he has told me he was ready to start on it 3 times now. Can they not tell the truth? :mad: Been a month now.
hmmmm
already not up to his word ,and he doesn't even have the car yet :no:
run away , run away fast before your car is in bodyshop prison :eek:

·
Registered
753 Posts
You may not want to turn around and run from this guy (although, I think you probably should and tell him why) but hopefully it reinforces to you that you should have something in writing with your body guy that indicates how much is to be paid to him, what steps in the process you will be giving him payments and also be clear about a time line and what penalties might come with being late.

We all want to believe in others but this guy has given you all the promoting you need to require that he puts some of the above in writing before you start. If he wont put it in writing, move on!

Do not, I repeate, Do not provide all or most of the payment up front. Suggest that you pay for materials in 1 or 2 installments, as progress dictates, as well as a small component for labor. This way, he will not be making money when he is not working on your car.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.Cool ride for sure.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I'D RUN TOO YB, MY GUY HAS HAD MY CAR NEARLY 2 1/2 MONTHS AND I'M GETTIN' TICKED OFF. :mad:
EVEN THOUGH I KNOW HIM AND HE PAINTED MY '66. HE'S HOLDIN' ME UP BIG TIME. I WANTED TO HAVE IT SOMEWHAT READY FOR THE L.B. BBQ AND THEN ULTIMATELY THE MINI NATS. :turn: SO FAR IT AIN'T HAPPENIN' :mad::mad::mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts