Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Lincoln Versailles front sway bar has been used on 1st gens . Could someone post a picture of one installed ? I am putting one on my '64, it looks like it fits ok except the end holes are not directly over the holes in the lower contol arms.
Thanks , Chris

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
A Granada/Monarch/Versailles swaybar will bolt right in an early Nova with a little modification to the mounts. You can get these for $15 at most boneyards, and they're about 15/16" for the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have this Granada sway bar in my 64. Mike is right: 15/16" diameter and about $15 at the Pick-n Pull.

Chris, you are right, the holes are slightly off. My end links are at a slight angle, but it still works fine.

Tim

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the frame mounts on and installed . I used urethane bushings and had to modify the brackets slightly . But the ends look more than slightly off .

Tim, Do you remember what length end links you used ?
Thanks for the reply.
Chris

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
3,972 Posts
Could someone post if the sway bar is slightly wider or narrower than the Chevy. I modified mine to fit my checkered front clip by narrowing it slightly. If I could get one from a ford without having to modify it I would feel better about it. Thanks Guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts