Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I dismantle and renovate my vent windows, I realize that I can probably reuse the thicker, angled portion of the weatherstrip but the inner vertical strip is shot. I see they only sell the complete kits so I'm wondering if anyone knows a source for only the 14"-16" or so vertical piece only (with the small clips on it). Also, don't want to re do my rivets and pull all that apart if I don't have to.

Also, I bought some window channeling from J&W Nova at the recent swap meet. It comes in two 8' sections. I also noticed that the chanelling section of the vent window (side facing the door glass) that runs down into the door seems to be the same exact profile as the 8' section chanelling that I bought in the 8' strips. (Though the aftermarket is not as thick as original) But the vent window chanelling is its own piece, so is the 8' chanelling that I bought supposed to be trimmed into two pieces....one for the vent window and the balance for the upper and rear door channel? It seems 8' is enough to go completely up the vent portion, along the top, and down at the back of the glass.

thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts