Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Admins,
Another car forum site that I participate in just switched over to the exact same format we are using here at SNS. All of the site functions seem to be the same except for one area...
On the other car forum site > listed within "Account Settings", there is a line for "Vehicle Details" (see below).

When used, the information that you write into the "Vehicle Details" line will show up under your Avatar within all of your posts (see below). It's a nice feature for those of us that may want to use this.

On our site (SNS), we do not have the "Vehicle Details" line.
Our site looks like this ("Location" is listed twice).

Is there anyway SNS can update the Account Settings page to include a line for "Vehicle Details"... and for this new line to function in the same manner as the other car forum site.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
It would be a very good 'up-date' . . . . . meaning , that when you offer too help another member ,
you should know just which "gen car" they need info about .

Thank you , jim

PS = the site is getting better each month . . .

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update... The Account Settings page has been updated to include a line for "Vehicle Details".
Information posted within the "Vehicle Details" box will now show up underneath your Avatar on all previous and future posts.

Note: You will also need to change your Privacy setting for "View your Vehicle Details when you post:" to "All visitors" for this option to work.

I will post some detailed instructions in a New Discussion.

Also... A special thanks to Jim "Twinshadows" for bringing this update to my attention!

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,973 Posts
I gave it a shot and also added my location as part of my vehicle details

1 - 5 of 5 Posts