Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a varispring spring compressor I can borrow or they want to sell?You think for $700+ these things would come fully assembled:confused: I could do it at work but things are tight lately so Im not gonna chance it.......I also need the spanner wrench if anyone wants to sell one...thanks bm

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Anyone have a varispring spring compressor I can borrow or they want to sell?You think for $700+ these things would come fully assembled:confused: I could do it at work but things are tight lately so Im not gonna chance it.......I also need the spanner wrench if anyone wants to sell one...thanks bm
Bruse I used Brian's press:D and borrowed his spanner wrench:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
If you bring them up I will assemble them for you and you can borrow my wrench, but I will need it back :)

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
BRUCE. This is what I did on my Vari-shocks. I went to Auto Zone and picked up their regular spring compressor. You pay for the tool and when you bring it back they give you your money back. Now it is FREE.

I got the one with the two large screws for the outside of the spring.

I compressed the spring about two inches. I took four(4) WIDE HOSE CLAMPS(spaced evenly around the spring) and used them to hold the spring in the compressed position. I then removed the spring compressor tools. I dropped the spring over the shock. Put the top piece on. Then I removed the hose clamps.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts