Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
We have government-owned Public Auto Insurance here in Manitoba Canada! :yes:

I don't know how it works in some States, but here you have to apply with 3 choices ranked in order of what you want, explain why you have chosen each one, and they decide which one you can have! :eek:

This is 'Political Correctness' taken to a new level! :mad:

This is the original 'normal' govt issued plate:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KTZSWpkWlrTVADg6-72XSo42yzvypwJU

This is the newer govt issued 'Collector Plate' with the 'Barn Boss': :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ClnpsfDRSREzXO7FFwpZ4231_ybNQBkr

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well that just suxxx, Clean!

Sheesh! And I thought NB was draconian......
We do have our own limits and guidelines on vanity plates but not to the extent MB has.
'Course we can always just increase or create another tax on a whim. We're good that way down here!

·
13,272 Posts
In British Columbia we have personalized plates and collector plates, but you can't get personalized collector plates:rolleyes:. I don't expect that will change in the foreseeable future, as our government auto licencing and insurance system is so broken it probably isn't fixable.

Bob

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I have my vanity plate on order. Hopefully will be here in December. Car won't be done for years most likely but I just had to order my plate now. Plate will Be "ZZZR64".

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Although it isn't a traditional Vanity License Plate it is a vanity to me. In my county the license plates designated the population size by the first number on an original plate. The letter designated the weight of the vehicle and of course the last number was the numerical order when you purchased the plate. My county was "59" back in 1965 and I was lucky to have found this plate. It's original and in Georgia we are allowed to use a original tag if we fill out the correct paperwork. So, this is going to be restored and assigned to my '65 Nova when I get ready for it. I guess Vanity is how you look at it. :yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In Virginia vanity tags are only 10 bucks, and although this one isn't on my nova it's on my 90 Toyota trk that has a 350/350th. And yes I'm a police dispatcher..DSPATCH

·
6,266 Posts
In Virginia vanity tags are only 10 bucks
That's cheap. Ours started at $100 more then 20 years ago, $200 quite a few years ago and are currently $330. I've got 3 personalized plates(vanity plates). I also have this one from back in the day that only up to 6 characters were allowed.

DSC_0004.jpg

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
anyone else having issues seeing pics on here lately? Seems some can see them and others can't.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts