Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I floated my valves took the heads to the machine shop and they tested the springs and said it was no good for my .500 lift cam they said it was equivalent to a stock SBC spring. So they put in some springs they recommended and I never had a problem. A couple years later, timing chain broke bent all the valves again. Anyways I decided to go with a bigger cam. They didnt remeber which ones they installed for me 2 years ago so they tested the springs with whatever way they do and they said they should work fine with my cam they ordered me. They said seat pressure and open pressure was fine. I know this isnt an acurate way to measure it but at max lift on int and exh I have at least .040 between each coil. Is that safe or is that pretty close? Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
ok 1.76-.562+.028=1.226 which is your compressed height with the lash set and at full lift.

my coil bind height is 1.170 from an installed height of 2.0 with .830 lift available. i think your probally ok at 1.226 compressed height. not saying your coil bind is the same as mine, but there is .056 difference from my coil bind to your compressed height, and if you have .04 inbetween what like 3 coils, they thats .120 clearence which is a ton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts