Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago my 327 developed a vacuum leak. Since I was going to change the intake anyway I thought it would go away. Well, that didn't happen. I can't find the source. Anyone had a similar problem? The rpm is running high and the throttle plates are closed. You can put your hands over the top of the carb and it idles at a lower rpm. I have a friend that is a good mechanic and he can't come by for a week or so. I'm stumped.

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pinch off the brake booster vacuum hose---pcv as well---any vacuum hose you see---any difference ?
Tried above but no luck. I'm going to use smoke to try and locate the leak. I had 2 other friends over and we couldn't find the source of the leak. I built a smoke generator and will be trying it out this weekend. The secondary throttle shaft has a slight leak but shouldn't cause much of a problem. The engine was running fine and then one day "Blat!" I have a bad feeling about what I'm going to find. I think I will start a thread about vacuum leaks and see if I can get the members to post what they have found when they have a hard to find leak.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
need to know more info on your set up, what manifold and carb, and pics will help also. Did anything happen when just as it started to run lean, like a backfire or something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts