Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 SS
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does this look wrong? The throttle rod looks like it’s at too much of an angle. The arm is a V8 conversion throttle arm. Im running an Air Gap intake, but I don’t think that should really matter. Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Air Gap manifold is higher than the stock manifold but if it works smoothly it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Be careful it doesn't overcam the linkage or it will stick the linkage at wide open.

Where is your return spring?
It should be a straight back pull of the linkage instead of down hill.

·
Registered
63 SS
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t installed the springs yet or the TV bracket. I’m still trying to figure out this rod issue before continuing. Sticking of the throttle is my main concern

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Does this look wrong? The throttle rod looks like it’s at too much of an angle. The arm is a V8 conversion throttle arm. Im running an Air Gap intake, but I don’t think that should really matter. Thanks for the help
It’ll be fine. I ran the same stock linkage on my car with a super victor jr intake. I’ve since changed to a smith race craft accelerator pedal setup.

·
Registered
63 SS
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am going to experiment and get some longer rod and bend it in an L shape.

·
Registered
63 SS
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to go cable eventually but I don’t have the money for a Smiths Racecraft right now. Hey, I don’t even have the money for a Lokar:D

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Try all thread with Heim joints (Rod Ends) from hardware store...
Cut to size.
I do recall also using a Camaro throttle arm that is a bit taller with that high rise set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts