Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a v gate or ram rod 4 speed shifter they would like to part with or a place besides ebay a guy could get one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I think Muncie and Borg Warner take the same linkage. I'm not 100% sure though.

I will take pictures as soon as my wife gets home. I have an English Puppy now that takes all of my time. UGH!

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Muncie and Borg Warner take the same linkage. I'm not 100% sure though.

I will take pictures as soon as my wife gets home. I have an English Puppy now that takes all of my time. UGH!

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Sounds good. I appreciate it

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Are you guess call the old 60s style Hurst inline shifter the ram rod shifter. Or the what is newer V-gate which is still a inline shifter. I have the Hurst 60s style in my 64 and i gave one to my buddy which are going to use in the 64 straight axle car we are building. But i also have the newer V-gate style sitting here with linkage somewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you guess call the old 60s style Hurst inline shifter the ram rod shifter. Or the what is newer V-gate which is still a inline shifter. I have the Hurst 60s style in my 64 and i gave one to my buddy which are going to use in the 64 straight axle car we are building. But i also have the newer V-gate style sitting here with linkage somewhere.
Yeah the newer v gate style is what I've been looking at

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Don't take this wrong But I didn't pay much for the 3 I have and one had the Line lock Button ( T handle) and I bought the linkage kit New for the V-gate and the rods are much beefier then that of the older style Hurst inline shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
None taken...That is what I paid for it. Glad you got a good deal. I will put it back where it was.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got super lucky and asked during normal car conversation with one of the guys at work if he had ever seen or had this shifter. After showing him a pic of it he told me he had one at his shop. Well he actually did and when I asked what he had to have for it he said all he wanted was what he paid. So it ended up costing me $70. Now that I have just the bare shifter (no linkage or bracket) my question is will the linkage on my hurst comp plus work on this or does someone have a source that has replacement parts? Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The bracket may work But the normal 4 speed linkage is different then the inline shift linkage, So I'm not sure if that will or not. BUT great snag on the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bracket may work But the normal 4 speed linkage is different then the inline shift linkage, So I'm not sure if that will or not. BUT great snag on the price.
Thanks twisted. Do you remember where you bought your linkage kit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts