Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
This has got to be the funniest line of all :D

"This just may be the CLEANEST, UNRESTORED, CLOSEST TO ORIG. '68 Nova Super Stocker LEFT!!!!"

Other than the FACT that nothing is original about the car, except maybe the body ?
I guess he means Please disregard the fact that I can not document anything I am saying. Even when I got the car the complete drive train has been changed, And now I have changed it again, Please disregard the numerous errors with this car. And look at Nova resource to not proove anything about this car.

This guy should be a politician :rolleyes:

·
Registered
487 Posts
How about this line from the auction "No such thing as a '68 floor console. All automatic cars were column shift, floor shift cars merely had a bootie to floor" and the fact that he worked at Motion Performance. Its a nice car but not worth the kind of money he wants for it. Ed

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I'm certainly not a '68 expert but, judging from these two statements, one of the two of us isn't paying attention!

(from description) All I can tell you is 1] NO '68 Nova S/S cars,
(His answer to the 3d question)Glad to hear you have a lovely car. '72 roofline ENTIRELY different from '68.NOT as desireable as far as market is concerned.

·
Registered
569 Posts
RPOZ28 said:
How about this line from the auction "No such thing as a '68 floor console. All automatic cars were column shift, floor shift cars merely had a bootie to floor" and the fact that he worked at Motion Performance. Its a nice car but not worth the kind of money he wants for it. Ed
hmm.. then what does that make this 'never produced' 68 floor console I have worth ?

68 SS, non guage console - noting that a 68 has a metal block-off palte, and is different from 69-up.

must be a prototype, anyone want it for, let's say 2 grand, since it's rare ? :)

~ AL

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
69NovaSS said:
he is full of crap this car was a 6 cylinder car from the factory based on the VIN number the seller supplied:

http://novaresource.org/v68.htm
Ya and the fact that the factory exhaust hanger is still on the pass side and none for the driv side, and the battery and switch shoould be on the otherside. And since when did super stockers run ladder bars.

Donkey is right!:beat:

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure this same guy was trying to sell the same car on eBay a while ago as a COPO car. He even had a picture on the auction that he found on a vintage drag racing website. The actual car on auction was a white 68 with a black cowl hood in the other auction. I wonder what the car will be in his next auction??

Randy (maybe a lost Yenko!!!):D

·
Registered
871 Posts
: Some info you might find interesting about your car, by the picutres and statements you have presented; Of the 50 super stock novas built in 1968, all were built AND delivered by 7/15/68. The date is documented by a letter date 7/24/68 by then NHRA technical director W. E. Dismuke. Of the 50 cars, the ONLY colors available were Tripoli Turquoise, Matador Red, Fathom Blue and Grecian Green. ALL 50 cars came WITH bucket seats AND floor console. This info is documented by a letter from Fred Gibb to Mr. Dismuke dated 7/29/68. Of the 50 cars built, ONLY 12 are known and proven to exist. The VIN you provide DOES NOT appear anywhere on the Supercar registry. VIN indicates 6 cyl car, and this is also verified by the powerglide tranmission indicator in dash. All of this info is well documented on various Yenko, Fred Gibb ( the father of the first 50 cars ) etc. sites. Not trying to downgrade your car. From the info you supplied, your car is not an original super stock nova.
Jun-22-06
A: Hi, I'm glad you responded. Some of what you say certainly has validity, some doesn't. A]My car IS NOT a Fred Gibb car; I already went over this some time ago. B] YOU are CORRECT, Fred Gibb IS the father of the 1st 50...they ALL had 4spds., & ALL were delivered @ the time you say they did, they all had bucket seats, & WOW, NONE WERE WHITE! C] MY car was one of the bg. blk. cars built after that, & GUESS WHAT...It has an automatic transmission in it! D] As far as I've been told, NO '68 Nova's had consoles. I'm not arguing w/you, or the other source of info, but I was told consoles started in '69. E] My car would NEVER appear on a Supercar Registry, because it WASN'T ordered as a SPECIAL car like a Fred Gibb car, but made to satisfy other car dealers interested in getting bg. blk. cars to sell to their customers who wanted one. I can tell you from having worked @ Motion that if you had the right corporate connections, you could persuade GM to make whatever you were willing to pay for. I know, Joel did it. He was THE BEST BUSINESSMAN I EVER WORKED FOR! He could sell sand to an Arab, overcharge him for it, & get away w/even making him feel good about it. Now, you tell me something about Motion cars; I can tell you that there are some Joel Rosen even forgot about. AND, some of the guys who consider themselves Motion car experts can't even tell you all you want to know about them. My car IS NOT one of a group ordered by any particular dealer, just another one made. Like I said, I was told 901 total production for bg. blk. cars[Nova's] in '68. Fred Gibb didn't sell 901, & I'm sure he eventually wound up selling more than 50...All bg. blk. cars NOT in some special dealer registry, or maybe ALL of them for that matter, had 6cyl. vin. tags on firewall for '68. Thank You for giving me this opportunity to make a point of these issues!

Man this guy is just makes me laugh. No consoles in 68! All the gibb cars were automatics with consoles. He sounds like a good sales man also!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Napster I thought the same thing but was told buy a member that all cowl tags for 68 had 11427 on them. You are correct the vin does over ride the cowl tag.

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
jason 68 L78 said:
Man this guy is just makes me laugh. No consoles in 68! All the gibb cars were automatics with consoles. He sounds like a good sales man also!
The auto tranny IS what made the Gibb cars COPO's.....what a donkey this guy is....

·
Banned
81 Posts
jason 68 L78 said:
Email him this pic from Popular Hot Rodding, 1968:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts