Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have on of the inlets hooked up on my holly. is it possible to have both hooked up? if not, how would i be able to switch to the other inlet, because im have problems possibly with the floats.. its a holly double pumper 4150

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
I only have on of the inlets hooked up on my holly. is it possible to have both hooked up? if not, how would i be able to switch to the other inlet, because im have problems possibly with the floats.. its a holly double pumper 4150
:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
7,831 Posts
Dominator bowls have inlets on both sides and other than that are the same as 4150 bowls but switching from one side to the other isn't going to solve any problems you may be having with your floats.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I think he might mean other side of the bowls...like driverside instead of passenger side.
That’s what I need clarification on. Are we talking cathedral bowls or side hung bowls?

Dominator bowls have inlets on both sides and other than that are the same as 4150 bowls but switching from one side to the other isn't going to solve any problems you may be having with your floats.
^^^ I totall agree. The inlet isn't the problem. Both inlets (on cathedral bowls) pass through the same needle and seat assembly. If you're not getting enough fuel it's the needle and seat that isn't large enough, not the inlet.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
If you're not getting enough fuel it's the needle and seat that isn't large enough, not the inlet.
It's a daily driver 350, I'm pretty sure it doesn't need a larger needle and seat. It's probably just got dirt in the system.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
It's a daily driver 350, I'm pretty sure it doesn't need a larger needle and seat. It's probably just got dirt in the system.
Where does he say it's a daily driver 350?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Where does he say it's a daily driver 350?
In his signature.

The Daily Driver:
1969 Nova 350 5.7L
Holley Double Pumper 4BC
B&N Shift Kit
350 Turbo Trans

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry about that my computer took a dump and i had to get a new one...its hooked up on the passenger side of the front of the carbourator..i was wondering if hooking up both inlets would benefit?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
sorry about that my computer took a dump and i had to get a new one...its hooked up on the passenger side of the front of the carbourator..i was wondering if hooking up both inlets would benefit?

Please take the air cleaner off and post pic.
thanks
Al

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
all 4150 style carbs whether its a vac sec or dp have dual feed bowls unless specified like a 1850 600 single feed carb which has the inlet on the driver side and has a tube that runs along the drivers side to the rear bowl.

So yes if you want more performance you best be running a dual feed line to both bowls. Can't see in your pic but looks like you have the chrome dual feed line on there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts