Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a NOS 73-74 door shell for sale, and I got a question about interchangeability. The guy wanted to know if it is possible to use the door on a 71 Nova :confused: . Is it possible to take the vent window stuff and fit it into this door? I know it will bolt to the car.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

It will fit but you won't be able to use the vent window and such.

Jason

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The NOS doors are all without the holes in the door frame for the vent windows. I think the best way to tell the exact year of application is to first check the hold for the lock knob to see if it's a '68 - the knob is back farther than the '69+ models. Next, if it's a drivers side, check for the ribs where the blue label gets affixed, if they are missing then it's a '69 door, if present then it's a '70+ door. Next, check for the crash bars inside the door, if they are present then it's a '74 - maybe a '73?? The NOS doors will have bolt on hinges if my memory is correct, but they can be used with a car with weld on hinges.
M

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure its a 73-74 door. But someone who is looking to buy it is wanted to know if it was possible to put the mechanism from an earlier door into it to have the vent window.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Zak74 said:
I'm sure its a 73-74 door. But someone who is looking to buy it is wanted to know if it was possible to put the mechanism from an earlier door into it to have the vent window.
Yes, it can be done with minimal work.
M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts