Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am hoping someone here could tell me if a 68-72 Nova interior door panel would fit a 73 Nova door. I do not like the look of a 73 door panel and would prefer an earlier model panel. I realize the window crank is in a different position, but on new door panels they are not cut out. Could I use the arm rest from a 72 for my 73? What about the rear seat panels (2-door car)?

Thank you in advance.

Vince

·
Registered
70 Posts
door panels

I have used them, in fact i still have them on. They work except for the hole for the window crank doesn't line up. I had to cut a hole in mine it looks cheezy other than that you wouln't be able to tell it doesnt belong. On the armrest I had to drill a hole into the inner skin on the door since on 73-74 the armrest is moulded, on mine any ways and on this it's a screw holding fastening it.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The other fitment issue is 73 up have no vent window or wing window, which the door panel is notched for.

·
Registered
135 Posts
well idk if im luck or not but when i bought my 74 soa it came with 68-72 doors :yes: so i have a variety of options with the panels and the vent window on the 74 does look kinda good lol

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I don't see how you could make the back seat panels work since the quarter windows are shaped different between the two.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
I normaly don"t get in on these toppics and don"t care to talk about it,but look at my interior pics on page 6 and 7 on my cardoman and see if it gives you a few ideas.
Wow!!!! What a ton of work. Thats awesome.Nice job. Let me ask you a question about the front door panels as the pictures didn't cover them. Im assuming you used 68-72 panels on your 73-74 doors.How did you make the window felts work without the wing window????

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I normaly don"t get in on these toppics and don"t care to talk about it,but look at my interior pics on page 6 and 7 on my cardoman and see if it gives you a few ideas.
I can understand why you don't want to get into these types of conversations here. It seems some people on this site want to castrate anyone who puts a 68-72 part on there 73-74, but I'd be intrested to know what you had to do to make the older style rear interior panel fit your 74.

Thanks,
John.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts