Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
I say no. 30 day return, but no guarantee for the loss of your shipping costs, labor and time. If you could hear it run first, maybe.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's also a integral head engine. The intake/exhaust has a tendency to crack. It might be worth the $ if it was in a car, running and you could drive it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Didn't even know about the integrated heads before this. I'll have to check and see what we have.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Integrated head

Under no circumstances buy a engine with that type of head. The integrated head was a big mistake as it is worthless and almost impossible to repair at all. Buy the engine for the block if it is low mileage as it will mate up with normal older heads that are non-integrated. Some modifications have to be done like matching up with the right oil pan for your car and drilling a new spot for the oil dip stick etc. I had a 194 that blew up and I found a 78 , 250 block with the integrated head that had 450 miles on it and put my old rebuilt head back on it and changed the pan, dipstick and dampner and it is fine after 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts