Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic industries sells two versions of the trunk floor brace that the gas tank mounts to. I try to buy USA whenever possible but sometimes I need to watch the wallet just like everyone else. I'm curious if the USA made trunk braces are worth more than twice what the other ones cost? Anyone have experience?

With inflation hitting everyone hard I'm ordering as many parts as I can before they go up.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,192 Posts
I would normally say USA is the way to go, but I have never heard any complaints on the overseas version of these. It is not a fender or door, so not being 100% like original is not the end of the world.

Reactions: Stroker Ace Ventura

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I would normally say USA is the way to go, but I have never heard any complaints on the overseas version of these. It is not a fender or door, so not being 100% like original is not the end of the world.
I echo that sentiment however, I might add I have purchased many a part made here stateside and those too were absolute crap... and absolutely not worth the the extra money and time ti took to both send it back and the hassle of finding another, it's really a catch-as-catch can game with this stuff. I've also had some very high-quality parts from overseas, some better than others however, again... Caveat Emptor! Always a sage approach! And make sure wherever you purchase from accepts free returns and full refunds... That's HUGE! No fing 15% restocking fees...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That statement is very true, I often say the parts will never be as cheap as they are today. The Holley group purchasing companies such as Detroit Speed is not good in my opinion. Places like that do anything they can to cut cost

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Places like that do anything they can to cut cost
Like provide no support past purchase... Like Holley... and so many others. I've had mixed support on things. I really have had an excellent experience with Aeromotive and Edelbrock (after they moved) and a few others like Torqstorm (really pleased with their immediate phone service!!! Chris ROCKS!!). Others, I cannot speak to the reliability or their support, let alone ever being able to get an answer from anyone there, be it email or phone... Sad we can't just call someone and have them answer to help like we used to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts