Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where is this place, anyway? I am from Camillus and went to West Genesee HS (west of Syracuse) and now call Cortland my home (south of Syracuse). Attending trade school in Florida, I would say 'from upstate NY' just so people would'nt think NYC:confused: From what I here, 'upstate' could be anyplace outside of NYC. Would that include Long Island and parts of PA? (I was born in PA, land of endless mountains).
The tax is rude and the people are cool in this place I call home. Should I say upstate, then central? Maybe it's time to just say Hi, my name is Al and I'm from Cortland NY. I have a '64 Chevy II that I cut up and am having a lot of fun rodding it. I cut it big and deep; now that it's going back together, I have issues. The car is old. Not as old as me, but modern tech is hard to stay away from. I want old school for this car. I have a mental image for this car that looks late '60's early '70's but the modern marvals are so hard to stay away from. I have spent so much time on eBay finding parts that I think will work.
So where is this place, anyway? If you are nearby or a passerby stop in and say Hi. I'm somewhere outside of NYC in NY.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Upstate NY works from 90 miles north of NYC to Albany. After that it`s the north country. West is central NY to Western NY. Confused yet?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the entire State of New York is nothing more than a reference to NYC?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts