Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently there is a 600 CFM Edelbrock on my 420 hp 355. What would you swap to on a DD? I'm looking at a 670 street avenger but is that enough or should I go to a 750?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Adam,

I would think a 600 would be a little small for that motor, the 670 sounds like a good choice. Those 600 eddy's are pretty good for mileage though snd I would be interested in it if you decide to sell it.

Ryan

·
Registered
726 Posts
Currently there is a 600 CFM Edelbrock on my 420 hp 355. What would you swap to on a DD? I'm looking at a 670 street avenger but is that enough or should I go to a 750?

How's it run?? No reason to replace it for no reason.:turn: eddys are really nice for daily drivers.:yes: jet/tune it and drive the crap out of it.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Quickfuel

I just replaced my 580 street avenger with a 780 quickfuel on my 383 with a performer manifold - HUGE difference. The engine can get a full breath. I'm going to have the jets dialed in next month, but in my experience something in the 750-800 range really gets the air in and the fuel economy improved.

·
Registered
290 Posts
it depends on size of motor and rpm's that your engine runs,i use the holley manual .it says 350 ci turning 6500 use a 600 dp 7000rpm use a 650dp 7500 use a 700 dp,however i dont think a 400 horse 350 needs to windall the way to 6500 so id say a 650 dp would do great so youll have some head room

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It runs pretty well

I was just thinking I may be choking it for some power potential. I guess I'll give it just a little longer and see what happens. Ryan, you'll be first in line.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
That size carb should work well on your engine. If your looking to get out of it what it should be making take it to a dyno shop for tuning. On Dereks Comet they found annother 40 rear wheel HP. I think it was SVS in Sac. Look here.

http://svsrnd.com/

·
Registered
265 Posts
i did a video review of the demon street demon 625 cfm... im now running that carb exclusively on my 357 ci 400+hp sbc. It cured issues I had with summit racing, quickfuel, edelbrock and holley carbs.

basically it runs super well and edeelbrocks are super lean out of the box, holleys are a pain to get dialed in, once they are in they are heavenly tho, but this carb blew my mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts