Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Its been on the news but still too new of a story to get any real details other than HazMat's been called in.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's never good, prayers go to the families of the pilots, the cockpit area looked fairly intact too wonder what was the cause?

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
My wife's sister works for UPS at that Kentucky terminal. She tells me that the employees and their immediate family get to fly on those planes anywhere they want at very cheap rates for personal use.

Hopefully there wasn't any regular passengers on this flight.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
This SITE is the best Thanks for sharing, in my home town & didn't know anything about this until checking In haha

Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ups

My wife's sister works for UPS at that Kentucky terminal. She tells me that the employees and their immediate family get to fly on those planes anywhere they want at very cheap rates for personal use.

UPS flies only cargo aircraft. Each aircraft has 4-6 jump seats for domestic flights only.

·
Registered
966 Posts

UPS flies only cargo aircraft. Each aircraft has 4-6 jump seats for domestic flights only.
You can bet if there were any passengers on that flight, that would be the end of that perk:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
RIP to the crew.

Weather seemed clear in this accident and from what I heard elsewhere there were no communications from the crew. Crashed just short of the runway, too. Weird.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Article brings some things to mind: ILS transmitter not working properly or not calibrated for local terrain or local altimeter not set correctly by pilots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts