Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Has anyone ever had a problem with the upper mount for the front clip rusting out? Is there a body piece/bracket you can by or is this going to be a fabrication process. I am in the process of cleaning up my firewall and ran into this rust problem. Apparently previous owner decided is would be a good place to cut a hole with a torch. Also may have been wrecked in the past. I have searched the internet high and low and can't see to find this mount. It is where the 3 bolts go through the fire to brace the subframe on the heidts front clip/subframe. Any answers, suggestions, ideas would be great. Thanks-
Jason

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The upper firewall mounting point is in an area that can be prone to corrosion in some cases. The the cowel vent intake on 62-67 models can allow leaves and debris to pass through the louvers and can build up inside the tank. I’ve seen some others who have gone through and rebuilt portions of the tank area. Typically, it is in lower reagions of the tank where the debris accumulates and holds moisture. You might want to investigate the whole vent tank structure down to the vent doors in the kick panel area. Pull the vent doors and vacuum out any debris in the tank chamber down to the rockers.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hello,
Has anyone ever had a problem with the upper mount for the front clip rusting out? Is there a body piece/bracket you can by or is this going to be a fabrication process. I am in the process of cleaning up my firewall and ran into this rust problem. Apparently previous owner decided is would be a good place to cut a hole with a torch. Also may have been wrecked in the past. I have searched the internet high and low and can't see to find this mount. It is where the 3 bolts go through the fire to brace the subframe on the heidts front clip/subframe. Any answers, suggestions, ideas would be great. Thanks-
Jason
I think this is what your talking about, its part of the cowl, Dynacorn, 229.00

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts