Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a taillight issue and due to only being able to find Chinese sockets that were basically garbage I am going to upgrade to LED.
I believe I am going to go with the Dakota digital socket style. It seems pretty good little modification. And their in South Dakota.

Will I need to get their switch? For the blinker to function?

I might as well upgrade the headlights while I'm at it. Could someone suggest some LED headlights.

I have no idea what's out there and most Google results turn up forum posts from 2006. There's gotta be better options in 2020.
Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you install LEDs only in rear lights, you dont need to modificated the installation, if you put leds in front and rear, you need to change the flashing device (I dont sure about the name in english, in spanish is destellador)
I have been making LED plates since 2006, and I know something about to install LEDs.

·
Vendor
1,564 Posts
Yes, you have to change the flasher as the LEDs don't pull enough juice to trip the original style flashers. LED capable ones are available all over online and probably even an auto parts store if you had a part number.

Regarding which LED headlamps to use, someone should chime in with experience.

Reactions: LSCustoms and Noone

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just got the Anzo ones from summit, look okay and aren't too steeply priced. Seem much brighter, have only had for a month so not much else I can say about longevity. Look pretty much like classic headlights, no halo's or anything like that but am happy so far.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you want a good LED "Flasher " . . . look here :

and, cheap enough . . . . -------------------- I really like when we find things THAT REALLY Work . . . .
and, works good , I'm just saying . . . . . jim

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I went with the Dakota Digital socket style part number LAT-NR380 and flasher LAT-NLF due to having front led motorcycle led for blinkers up front.

As far as LED headlights someone sent me this company. Its hard to find something I like looks wise that will work also. And its hard to find something that isnt to ghetto. I don't want to get to far out into euro tail light territory or 90' rusty civic with underglow. My car is black an chrome 1974 so this would blend in.

Any thoughts? I would prob go with the Oracle 2.0 controler

·
Registered
413 Posts
Noone, for an alternate option take a peak at 74lsnova's thread "My 74 Pro Touring Nova" in our Car Profiles Section. He's got some sharp looking and very functional Trucklite LED H-lights. Also note his driving lights in later posts within that same thread. V-cool!

Or, you can click-on the little magnifying glass within the "Search Community" box at the top of this page, enter "LED Headlights" with quotes around the entry in the Enter Keyword field, then scroll down to hi-light Electrical in the Search in Forums field and finally select search. There's a host of threads on this topic for you to peruse.

Take your time shopping around. There's lots to choose from and even more to avoid.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I looked at the truck lite's and they are good, good reviews but were far more expensive when I was looking, especially to Canada.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have Dakota Digital led tail lights and Truck-lite Phase 7. Huge improvement all the way around. I don't think I have used the flasher I got from Dakota Digital but all works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts