Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like I will be fixing my rear axle now rather than someday. Lots of play in the pinion. This is on my 74 looks like the axle and suspension have never been touched. It has the original 308 gears and open diff. and is a 8.5in 10 bolt.

It is mostly a street car and I could take it to the street legal drags about 5-6 times a year.
Right now the motor a 355 and it has a TH350 with a shift kit in it. Going with a posi and on the shelf they have 342 or 373 gears to choose from. Which would you go with?

As long as its on the lift and were tearing stuff apart we are looking at getting the Hotchkis TVS, subframe connectors and Bilstein shocks. Will have to skip the upper and lower A-arms till next year. Do you think that would be ok?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok was researching a while ago and sounded like eaton was the one to go with.

On ratio I was kind of afraid 373 would be a little bit to much gear. But future plans include a built AOD trans. When I do something I am trying to keep the end goal in mind.

Ordered the TVS and shocks. Neither appear to have shipped and shocks might be on back order. Bummer waited forever for winter to end and now have to wait who knows how long for parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts