Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
529 Posts
Looks good. It's hard finding time to work on them isn't it. Mine is at a friends house being stored right now I'm out of room here. hope to get something done in later spring or summer. Yours looks nice though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shane65 said:
Europian mirror location? I've always like the Novas in two tone.

I am not sure about the mirror location name. But I do know every piece of chrome and stainless is original and in the location it came from the factory. I am the 3rd owner and the guy i got it from had it over 30 years. This is the 2nd repaint I am doing. I hope it turns out good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,845 Posts
Shane65 said:
Europian mirror location? I've always like the Novas in two tone.
The mirror is not in the factory location:confused: . They are always on the door. Everything else looks Great though! Looks very clean.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,649 Posts
66nogo2 said:
The mirror is not in the factory location:confused: . They are always on the door.
I beg to differ. I've parted several 1st gens and 3 or 4 have had the very same mirror in that location on the fender. Maybe a dealer instal for the ones that didn't come with a mirror.

BTW nice lookin SS!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
622 Posts
Looks like it's coming along nicely. As far as side mirror location, I agree it was probably a dealer install. Here's a shot of my old 65 SS. It was an original paint car built without a side mirror, the mirror on it was from a 64 impala(?) bolted on by the dealer below the stock location.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
soupac said:
Looks like it's coming along nicely. As far as side mirror location, I agree it was probably a dealer install. Here's a shot of my old 65 SS. It was an original paint car built without a side mirror, the mirror on it was from a 64 impala(?) bolted on by the dealer below the stock location.
I also have a 63 sedan with the mirror on the door like your 65 :confused:

But I know my SS Has had the mirror on the fender since it was new. The guy i got it from bought it from the original owner in the late 60s . And he gave it a repaint in the late 90s .I grew up about 3 blocks from this car from age 7-15 and he kept it pretty close to original until he repainted it all red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Unusual Combination

Nice to see another Nova kept original. Is that 2-tone the original? It's a neat look for that SS. Looks like you have all the parts. That makes it easier to restore. The parts are sure getting hard to find!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greg McMillan said:
Nice to see another Nova kept original. Is that 2-tone the original? It's a neat look for that SS. Looks like you have all the parts. That makes it easier to restore. The parts are sure getting hard to find!
Yes it is the original paint scheme. If you look close the red on the lower windshield area is a little darker than the rest of the car. That is the original color and as soon as the rest of the body is straight enough the rest of the lower bodywill be the same red
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,231 Posts
i like the way all the car manufacturers built cars of the 60's and earlier... lotsa stainless, paint styles and options...

you have a sweet lookin' Chevy and wish ya the best in it's restification ;)




John :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top