Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Well....finally got of my keister and since steve's was down for as long as it was...I figured I would get to getting the parts and stuff I need...

So...I received my 4-Link clip and 8 point cage from Checkered Racing, my Strange Aluminum center section for my 9 inch...and wheels and tires for the car...

Now I just need to start wrenchin and weldin!

But Checkered accidentally sent me two different shocks...gonna have to exchange it for two of the same.

WOO HOO!

-John

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
A suggestion for easier viewing...resize your pictures so we don't have to stroll around the screen to see the entire picture(s).

What size & brand tires did you end up getting? Looks like you have your hands full for a while...looks good! That should keep you busy for a few months.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Wow !
I cant believe your going to do all that AFTER paint and body !
It'll be worth it.
Nice tires... we're running the MT SS/R's on the Impala project also!
-Steve

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man look at the parts!!!!!!! got me drooling. Looks like alot of work ahead, but looks like even more fun.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seattle_Mike said:
A suggestion for easier viewing...resize your pictures so we don't have to stroll around the screen to see the entire picture(s).

What size & brand tires did you end up getting? Looks like you have your hands full for a while...looks good! That should keep you busy for a few months.
Sorry about that Mike! I am usually on top of the resize thing...just a little over excited about the parts!

I ended up getting the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SS/R 29x18 tires out back.

The pics should be fixed!

-John

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Looks Great!

Oh Man those tires are going to look wicked under that car! It makes the mini tub job I'm doing on my 62 look kinda wimpy:D

Seriously, keep the photos coming as you progress with the work. This is exatcly the stuff I missed while the site was down. I like seeing all the photos......makes me want to get out in the garrage and get soemthing done on my car.
Ron

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Are those the new Mickey Pro Street radials? What wheel diameter did you go with? I'm looking at having a pair of 18" wheels built and get some of the new radials either from Mickey or Hoosier.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i edited yer post... when copy/pasting img code ya don't need ta add the code stuff... it's included in the copy/paste linking process...

hope i helped, looks SO cool what ya got goin' on there... i'm happy for you.

be Good :D

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
loooooookin good john....its gonna be sweeeeeeeeeet.
sure wish you'd hurry up though. getting bored waitin on
my prostreet brethren to hit the streets with me!!!!
might have to steal the blower off the wifes camaro to keep up with ya tho...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seattle_Mike said:
Are those the new Mickey Pro Street radials? What wheel diameter did you go with? I'm looking at having a pair of 18" wheels built and get some of the new radials either from Mickey or Hoosier.
Mike,

Yes they are the new Mickey Thompson Pro Street radials....I went with a 15x14 inch wheel. The pictures dont do them justice...they are sweet....im gonna cry a little when I do my first burn out with them!

Flyer...thanks for trimming up my pictures IMG code!

Tony...

Waiting for a few small parts to come in before hacking...that and tryin to come up with what I feel will be the best way to brace the car once all the rear oe frame and oe sheet metal comes out.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
adidasink said:
Tony...

Waiting for a few small parts to come in before hacking...that and tryin to come up with what I feel will be the best way to brace the car once all the rear oe frame and oe sheet metal comes out.
ive got that nova handbook that very extensively shows a backhalf job...i read it and used it when i did mine...have a video somewhere...dont know where though. if you want to borrow that book, you can...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1965proSTREET said:
ive got that nova handbook that very extensively shows a backhalf job...i read it and used it when i did mine...have a video somewhere...dont know where though. if you want to borrow that book, you can...

That would be awesome! I would love to borrow that!

Thanks man!

-John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts