Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have updated pics. of my project in my sig. It is slow going but I am starting to make progress. I will be installing new NOS GM quarters, Goodmark drop offs, outer wheel houses and tail panel. I hope to have the quarter and tale panel test fitted this weekend. I will take some new pics. this weekend.

·
0 Posts
looks like you are making progress. I know we talked a while back and I wasnt going to put my LT1 in the car but now that it is done I said the heck with it and ordered the carb intake so I dont have to mess with the electronics. what exhaust headers are you going to try? we have the same front end. by the way what did you do with the offset lt1 motor mounts?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on running a twin turbo set up so I will have two 3" down pipes from the trubos. I will fab my owne headers. The mounts on my '96 LT1 are standard SBC location.

·
0 Posts
twin turbo, whats the hurry? cops chasin ya or something? sad thing is I started my nova first and will probably finish it last. how many guys you got working on your car?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the turbos come from my days of the turbo Buick's. I has a '86 Grand National and a '87 Regal T Type. I like the power and efficiency of turbos. Not to mention they look bitch-in.

I am doing most of the work myself. My brother will be fabing and installing the triangulated four link and cage. He owns a fab/machine shop. He has a frame jig and tubing bender, etc... all of the good toys and equipment. Other than that I will do all of the body, suspension, engine and wiring work etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the tail panel, quarter and door marked up. I will test fit the fenders and hood this week. Then it will be time to fit the quarter, tail panel and trunk drop offs. This is when the project slows. The quarter and door lines will take some time to fit. I have new pics. in my sig. I will update pics. new weekend.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've not got to that stage of my project yet. I have the temporary bracing in place of the floor pans at this time. After I get the quarters and tail panel installed, I will be fabing the four link and forward frame. Then the floor pans will be installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts