Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a little slow working on it but we are getting it down. All of the Doors and Quarter windows are in, trunk is finished with tail lights, wiring and trim panel mounted.

Next I did the wiper transmissions and firewall area

Then under dah wiring and dash pad. The vinyl dash pad is far better then the urethane for no more money!

Spent all day today restoring the Dash Bezel. I thiught it came out great! What do you guys or gals thinks?

That it is it for now!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
WOW Cen, the car looks great. I really like the color. The dash bezel looks like new. What did you do to get that nice a of a look? I have to do mine and any tips would help...Jack

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dash Bezel

Jack thanks for the compliments. I seen an earlier post from user rallynova about how he did his. He used these supplies:

SEM products
Plastic Prep #38353
Sand Free #38363
color Landau black #15013
Clear Satin Gloss #13013
Testors model paint pen silver ( I put the silver on before the final clear coat)

I did mine a little different.

1.) I took the grey/blue scottch brite pads to the whole bezel. You have to get in the small lines and creases.

2.) Then I washed the whole bezel in water, used a small brush to clean everything and then blew it dry with an air nozzle.

3.) I never had luck with the plastic prep or sand free so I sprayed a couple coats of the Landau black and let it dry. Do not be alarmed it goes on looking like crap but dries with a smooth look.

4.) Next was the pain in the you know what step. Used the silver pen on the letters, what needed to be outlined and let that dry. Have patience my friend!

5.) Last step was to spray a couple of coats of clear to protect it all, let it dry and you are finished.

It looks great and again I did not use the plastic prep or sand free as I have not had any luck with it. Maybe you have

All in all it took a whole day to do but it was worth it. I manufacture and sell reproduction parts and the new repop bezel retails around 349.00 which is crazy.

Any other help let me know

Michael

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a little slow working on it but we are getting it down. All of the Doors and Quarter windows are in, trunk is finished with tail lights, wiring and trim panel mounted.

Next I did the wiper transmissions and firewall area

Then under dah wiring and dash pad. The vinyl dash pad is far better then the urethane for no more money!

Spent all day today restoring the Dash Bezel. I thiught it came out great! What do you guys or gals thinks?

That it is it for now!
WOW THAT ALL LOOKS VERY NICE, :yes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paint

Hey ReBob, no it is not back yet and it is becoming a sour note. Plus found a few things in my paint i am not happy with but what can you do, Painters promise you the world, tell you how bad the other guys paint jobs are but they can not live up to there own smack.

So how is your car been running? Did you take it to Central last weekend?

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,008 Posts
Hey ReBob, no it is not back yet and it is becoming a sour note. Plus found a few things in my paint i am not happy with but what can you do, Painters promise you the world, tell you how bad the other guys paint jobs are but they can not live up to there own smack.

So how is your car been running? Did you take it to Central last weekend?
That's why I was so glad my friend offered to paint my car !
And yes, I spent about 4 hours on Central, it was great weather !
The car seems to be running good,left a few marks for the spectators :devil:
See Ya, Rick

·
Registered
988 Posts
That is a reproduction vinyl wrapped one. They are far better the the OER urethane one that I returned 2 of them because of poor fitment. This one is flat and fits tight.
Could you tell us what brand the dash pad is and vender you got it from I'm in the market for new dash pad and fitment is allover the place some good some bad and $700 for justdashes to redo my original is out of the question

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
car_man602 and drnova69

car_man602: The dash pad manufacture only sells wholesale so I can get the them as I manufacture parts and sell reproduction parts. send me a private pm if interested.

drnova69: thanks for the compliment. The only downfall is the color is from a 2010 or 2012 Hyundai Vitamin C Orange. I can get the year or color code if you want. In the shade it almost looks copper but out in the sun it is definately Vitamin C Metallic Orange!

·
Registered
313 Posts
sure I will take that code thanks!:)

car_man602: The dash pad manufacture only sells wholesale so I can get the them as I manufacture parts and sell reproduction parts. send me a private pm if interested.

drnova69: thanks for the compliment. The only downfall is the color is from a 2010 or 2012 Hyundai Vitamin C Orange. I can get the year or color code if you want. In the shade it almost looks copper but out in the sun it is definately Vitamin C Metallic Orange!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ReBob - Need Painter Suggestions

Hey sorry for the late reply as I have not been on the forum of late. Car came to a halt as I have had an issue with the clear coat and the painter is refusing to do anything about it. I have some craters come up all of a sudden. So he basically lied when said "I will take care of any problems" I will never refer anyone to him and only talk about how bad he is.

Right now I have 2 differewnt guys coming out to look at it, basically cut it down and re-spray more clear.

The good thing is not much is on to take off. Subframe and rear end is almost down but I wont bolt in on untill the car is cleared again.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts