Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we dropped the car off at a friends body shop on April 8th, and they have been making progress(slow at times)ever since.

It's all good though, It was agreed upon ahead of time that the Nova would be worked on as a fill-in between real jobs.

Below are pics that we took as things progressed over the last 3 months or so. Yesterday, we finally have some color on the car. The final decision for color ended up being 68/69 Lemans blue. Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Looking good so far. Bet both of you are getting excited.

Tiny

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow. That is a amazing job I must say. Wish my first nova's body was as straight as that one! I see there going to patch up the back. Have to see those pictures cause Im about to do that to mine. She must be excited for it to be done with hah.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Very Nice:yes: Is this a Dad/Daughter project? Hope shes getting her finger nails dirty:devil: My daughters 74 will get a full resto next winter. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Wow, I thought I was starting with a solid car. that's a nice looking project you have there, and that color looks really good on these 3rd gens. Keep the pics coming.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Great color choice !!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Good color choice. Now what power plant and hp range is she considering?:devil:

·
Registered
86 Posts
nice bro all that dad just to do was complain about his p.o.s 78' ford futura
good work!!!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Nice looking car,:cool: I'm beginning to wish I was a daughter!:rolleyes::eek: OK, I was just thinking out loud!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Above I posted several photos of the daughter working on the car over the last three years, but they don't show up on my computer; can anyone else see those or are they just a red X like mine? I posted them from a different host. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
They are only a red X to me also. I clicked on the link at the bottom of your post and those pictures worked. Nice car !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, we dropped the car off at a friends body shop on April 8th, and they have been making progress(slow at times)ever since.

It's all good though, It was agreed upon ahead of time that the Nova would be worked on as a fill-in between real jobs.

Below are pics that we took as things progressed over the last 3 months or so. Yesterday, we finally have some color on the car. The final decision for color ended up being 68/69 Lemans blue. Enjoy!!

in the first photo what wheels and tires are on it? it looks SO mean!!!! :devil::)

·
Registered
857 Posts
She'll remember this forever. I'll always be grateful to my dad for doing the same with me. Good luck on it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She'll remember this forever. I'll always be grateful to my dad for doing the same with me. Good luck on it.
Well, my dad did the same with me back in the 80's on a '67 Camaro, which I still have. My father/son project and her interest in cars is what inspired this father/daughter project.

She showed interest in cars early on, probably about the age of 10. She would go to the shows with me dressed in a 50's outfit.

Hopefully she takes good care of it and keeps it forever, it's a pretty special car knowing that we worked on it together for so many hours over the last three years. Not to mention it only has 22k miles on it, it's a really solid car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts