Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chevelle I'm working on, and I bought a Goodmark cowl hood for it which I haven't installed yet. I was just wondering if there would be any harm in putting it on unpainted? It has the black etched finish on it, not sure if that has any protection or not. It will be awhile before I get around to getting the car painted. Is it best to leave it off and in storage? Thought someone here would chime in.

TIA :yes:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I asked the same question of my paint supplier and he said the black primer that is standard on you hood it great stuff and will give it adequate protection. I am running my hood with the same primer but my car never gets wet.
From what I understand your hood is nicely protected the that black primer.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked the same question of my paint supplier and he said the black primer that is standard on you hood it great stuff and will give it adequate protection. I am running my hood with the same primer but my car never gets wet.
From what I understand your hood is nicely protected the that black primer.
Greg, thanks for the reply. Wow, your car never gets wet? I thought it rained alot up in those parts. :D Most of the time that's true down here in AZ, but right now we're getting our annual monsoons (rain storms) and it has been one of the wettest years on record. I'll wait until we start having nicer weather :yes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I got my Nova it had a cowl hood with just the e-coating on it. It was chalky looking but when I took the e-coat of the metal under it was great. No surface rust or pitting and if I had a guess they hood was maybe 10 years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts